5 Resolutions to Stick By
Whether your job is to plan a great staff meeting for 20 individuals or a large conference of 20,000 attendees, it still requires hard work, excellent communication skills and the flexibility to constantly change to improve the participant’s experience.
If you are looking to bring about more event sponsorships and deliver a better attendee meeting, follow these five New Year’s Resolutions for maximum impact.
Create Tailored Sponsorships
You have heard this before, but it finally is time to give up the need to tell your sponsors what options are available to them (Gold, Silver, Bronze). Instead, ask what they really want for the value they are willing to provide.
Shake Up Your Speaker Lineup
If your meetings or training sessions have the same speakers year after year, start looking for someone new and different that can deliver a great presentation that packs a punch.
Here are three suggestions:
- If your budget is large enough, consider flying in an international speaker who can give your audience a unique prospective about what is happening in their country or region of the world.
- On the other end of the budget spectrum, consider hiring local presenters and talent that can deliver a destination flavor your “tried and true” presenters cannot. You will save on airfare, hotel and other expenses by doing so.
- Move your best speaker to the end of the conference and start out with networking and breakout sessions. Creating new meeting flow can create a new energy within the conference.
Change Up the Meeting Location
Rather than having your event at your company, the same destination or conference center, look for unique destinations that attendees will remember.
For example, if you have decided that it makes sense to have “farm-to-table” catering, perhaps this is the perfect time to hold your meeting on a farm. And if you hold it in the same city year-after-year, now is the time to consider a different location. Work with the destination’s Convention and Visitors Bureau and/or ask your meeting peers for their recommendations.
Host a Team Building Event
While the right program can help build up a team’s trust in each other, it can also be a fun exercise and one that is good for the community and even the planet. If Corporate Sustainable Responsibility (CSR) is part of your corporate mission, this activity can be added to begin or end the meeting experience.
Facilitate Better Networking
Besides the obvious, the top reason most people attend meetings and events is for the opportunity to network with new people. Giving attendees creative, easy ways to start and continue the conversation, should be your goal.
Here are three easy ones:
- Set up an Instagram station where individuals can come up and have their photos taken with iPad rentals. Post the montage of photos on a large screen monitor rental along with the event hashtag. Make the monitor a gathering point for attendees or display them on the large screen as attendees walk into the meeting room.
- Ask icebreaker questions that are displayed on the screen and form teams to answer each question. Give a prize to the team with the most correct responses.
- Host a TweetUp, encourage individuals to connect on LinkedIn or provide a gamification app where participants can work toward a common goal of getting to know each other better.
Supercharge your Meetings with Hartford Technology Rental
When it comes to meeting and event rentals, we have what you need! Call us today at 888-520-5667 or contact us online and let us show you how we can supercharge your next meeting - well within your budget guidelines.